Click here for the slideshow from Scholarships 101
- Free money!
- Requirements for each scholarship must be met (academic, background, need, athletic, and/or program of study).
- Bright Futures (FFAA) : Florida scholarship program
- Pasco Education Foundation : Pasco County scholarships
- WCHS PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) also offers a $500 scholarship. To be eligible, you must be a member of the WCHS PTSA and you must have completed the Pasco Education Foundation application (above).
- NCAA Eligibility Center : Athletic scholarships
- WCHS Local Scholarships : List of locally offered scholarships prepared by Career Specialist with scholarships from organizations that have notified our school directly.
USF Latino Scholarship: The Scholarships and Diversity Office at the University of South Florida Foundation is looking for potential students, who have been admitted to USF, for our 2018-2019 Latino Scholarship. Deadline is April 6, 2018. Requirements are:
Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Graduate from an accredited high school or community college in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, Manatee, Pasco, Hernando, or Sarasota.
Demonstrate Financial need as documented by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Strong consideration will be given to students who are: Fluent in Spanish; first generation in their family to attend college; from diverse ethnic background.
Be an incoming freshman.
Sites to search for Scholarships:
- Finding Money For College
- Scholarship Monkey
- Scholarships 4 Students
- Athletic Scholarships
- Florida Trend’s NEXT
- Scholarships for Hispanics
- United Negro College Fund
- Weird Scholarships
- College Scholarship
- Free money!
- Provided by state and national sources.
- Amounts vary based on need, school cost, and/or enrollment status.
- Example: First Generation Matching Grant Program
- Borrowed money!
- Students or parents can borrow money to help pay for a student’s college, university, or career and technical education.
- Must be repaid with interest.
- Example: Federal Perkins Loans